Samtskhe-Javakheti State University supports the initiatives and activities of European education and qualification within the university. The University is actively involved in the Bologna Process and follows the principle of the Bologna Charter. Thus, the mission of the university is:
– to educate qualified specialists by promoting human and national values;
– to prepare competitive contingent for constantly changing Georgian labor market by researching scientific fundamental issues, introducing modern teaching and researching methods, using effective quality assurance and educational programmes oriented on constant update;
– to create an attractive environment for students and academic staff ensuring full academic freedom (students and academic staff are free in their choice). They can choose the fields and directions of their studies by themselves. Also, they are free to choose any form of the university management, which ensures the proper implementation of the goals and objectives of Samtskhe-Javakheti State University;
The main directions of the university strategy are:
– researching the problems of Georgia and Samtskhe-Javakheti Region;
– supporting the integration process of non-Georgian population of the region in the Georgian society.